Article courtesy of HGTV! To read the full article, click the link at the bottom.
Essential Tips for First-Time Homebuyers
- Before you begin to house shop, you need to have an idea of what kind of neighborhood you want to live in and the style of house you want.
- Real estate never sleeps. If you’re trying to buy a hot property, you have to move quickly, or you could possibly lose it.
- When you are looking at a house, you have to have a wish list, but you have to understand that no house is going to be perfect.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. Same goes for a house. Go inside and look around before making a decision.
- Properties in good shape are rare, and they don’t stay on the market for long.
- When it comes to investing, the best place to invest is in an up-and-coming area.
- You have to see past the junk and see the potential. When you buy a house, it’s not just a place to live in, it’s an investment. Keep in mind your dollars down the road.
- Brand-new condos tend to be smaller, sometimes no larger than one bedroom, while older units typically have more square footage.
- You can’t negotiate maintenance fees with a condo, and those fees tend to go up periodically.